- ChapterÂ 1, “An Integrated Approach to Clinical Practice,” pages 1â€“9.
- Chapter 2, “Key Issues in Clinical Practice,” pages 10â€“26.
Use the Capella UniversityÂ Library to read the following:
- American Psychiatric Association. (2022).Â Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disordersÂ (5th ed., text rev.).
- Section I,Â IntroductionÂ andÂ Use of the Manual.
- This will help youÂ acquire a basic understanding of the manual.
- Section I,Â IntroductionÂ andÂ Use of the Manual.
Use the Internet to read the following:
- National Association of Social Work. (2005).Â NASW standards for clinical social work in social work practice [PDF].Â http://www.socialworkers.org/
- This resource guide on ethics within clinical social work will serve as a valuable resource in understanding ethical standards.
Reamer (1999) shares an ethical decision-making framework that explores a hierarchy of topics that supersede others. This framework includes the following concepts:
- Rules against basic harm to an individual’s survival take precedence over rules against harms, such as lying or revealing confidential information or threats to additive goods.
- An individual’s right to basic well-being takes precedence over another individual’s right to self-determination.
- An individual’s right to self-determination takes precedence over his or her right to basic well-being.
- The obligation to obey laws, rules, and regulations to which one has voluntarily and freely consented ordinarily overrides one’s right to engage voluntarily and freely in a manner that conflicts with these.
- Individuals’ rights to well-being may override laws, rules, regulations, and arrangements of voluntary associations in cases of conflict.
- The obligation to prevent basic harms and to promote public goods, such as housing, education, and public assistance overrides the right to complete control over one’s property.
Cooper and Granucci Lesser (2015) shared that cyber communication increases ethical and clinical concerns. Therapists who engage in emails with clients often face the ethical dilemma of timely and appropriate responses in addition to the expectation of clinicians being available at all times. This dilemma may test traditional professional boundaries and create ethical dilemmas.
Social workers have ethical guidelines, provided through the National Association of Social Work, to guide them through potential ethical dilemmas. This week’s reading of NASW “Standards for Clinical Social Work in Social Work Practice” provides a baseline of expectations for ethical standards within clinical social work.
Based on all of the above, read the following scenario and identify potential ethical dilemmas.
Anna is a new licensed clinical social worker who has worked for a university counseling center for two months. Thomas is a student who was referred to her at the beginning of the semester for anxiety and depression. Anna has been seeing Thomas once a week. In addition, he checks in with her through e-mail when he becomes anxious. Anna typically responds to his e-mail during her office hours by assuring him and reminding him of their upcoming appointment. Thomas’s e-mails and phone calls have recently increased due to midterms over the next couple of weeks. On Monday Thomas left a phone message wanting to talk to Anna. He reported that he needed to talk to her sooner than their Thursday scheduled meeting but did not state why. Anna noticed that he sounded upset and slurred his words.
Anna saw Dr. Stance during lunch in the busy student center, Anna knows Dr. Stance is one of Thomas’s favorite professors. Anna shared with Dr. Stance that she was worried about Thomas because she had a strange phone call and stated that he sounded impaired. Anna asked Dr. Stance if Thomas had been in class and if he had been acting strange. Anna did not document the e-mail or the conversation with Dr. Stance as she was going to include these conversations within her weekly clinical note.
On Wednesday Thomas responded to Anna’s e-mail at 8 p.m., stating that someone stole his medication and he did not feel capable of going to class in fear of hurting himself or someone else. He also assured Anna that if he needed to call 911 on his behalf that he would and that she did not need to worry about him. Anna did not look at her e-mail on Wednesday night as she was not feeling well and decided to call in sick on Thursday.
You are Anna’s supervisor and covering Anna’s clients for the day on Thursday. Thomas does not come in for his appointment.
For this discussion:
- Consider this scenario in light of this week’s readings. Also consider ethical decision making in relation to self-determination and well-being based on Reamer’s framework.
- Identify one of the many potential ethical dilemmas within this case and discuss why you feel it is an ethical dilemma.
- Identify two standards provided through the NASW standards readings that you could apply to this situation to assist in the ethical decision-making process.
- Discuss how each standard applies to this case.
Cooper, M., & Granucci Lesser, J. (2015).Â Clinical social work practice: An integrated approachÂ with enhanced Pearson eText (5th ed.). Pearson.
Reamer, F. G. (1999).Â Social work values and ethicsÂ (2nd ed.). Columbia University Press.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!