Case StudyÂ Sexually Transmitted Infections
Setting:Â Outpatient clinic
Index Words:Â sexually transmitted infection (STI), pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), assessment, pain management, patient education
Giddens Concepts:Â Health Care Law, Infection, Patient Education, Reproduction, Sexuality
HESI Concepts:Â assessment, Health Care Law, Infection, Patient Education, Sexuality/Reproductive
You are the nurse in a walk-in clinic. A.P. is being seen this morning for a 2-day history of diffuse, severe abdominal pain. She has complaints of nausea without vomiting; she denies vaginal bleeding or dis- charge. A.P. reports having unprotected sex with several partners recently, two of whom had penile dis- charge. Her last menstrual period ended 3 days ago. She has no known drug allergies and denies previous medical or psychiatric problems. Vital signs are 108/60, 110, 20, 100.6 Â° F (38.1 Â° C). Physical examination reveals that her abdomen is very tender. The slightest touch of her abdomen causes her to wince with pain. Bowel sounds are normal. Pelvic examination reveals purulent material pooled in the vaginal vault, which appears to be coming from the cervix. a sample of the vaginal drainage is obtained and sent for culture. The result of a pregnancy test is negative; a rapid diagnostic test for chlamydial infection has a positive result.
1. Which of these assessment findings are significant and why?
2. What medical interventions can you anticipate?
3. What should you teach A.P. about chlamydial infection?
4. How would you provide emotional support to A.P. at this time?
Part 2 Pediatric, Maternity, and WoMenâ€™s HealtH cases
Copyright Â© 2016 by Mosby, Inc., an imprint of Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Case Study Progress
The physician has the option of treating A.P. by one of two different methods. First, the physician could prescribe treatment over a period of 1 week. A.P. would be given the first dose of doxycycline (Monodox) 100 mg PO, and then she would be prescribed the same dose to be taken PO bid for 7 days. Second, the physician could prescribe a one-time dose of azithromycin (Zithromax) 1 g PO, which could be adminis- tered in the clinic.
5. Which choice is best for A.P.? Explain your reasoning.
6. You tell A.P. that chlamydial infection is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that is mandated to be reported to the public health department. What is the purpose of reporting the infection, and what actions will be taken?
7. A.P. says she does not understand why her partners must be told about the infection. How would you respond?
8. Based on the information A.P. has given you, you determine that she is at risk for other STIs and unplanned pregnancy. What risk assessment questions do you need to ask A.P.?
9. You ask whether someone has talked with A.P. about â€œsafe sex.â€ She laughs and tells you there is nothing safe about sex. Undaunted, you ask if she would be willing for you to discuss the use of condoms with her sexual partners. She tells you that she is already careful; if she does not â€œknow the guy,â€ then she uses a condom. How are you going to respond?
10. You ask A.P. whether she has been tested for HIV. She says no, she does not know anyone with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and she does not have sex with gay men. Now what are you going to say?
11. You ask her whether she would like to be tested for HIV. It will not cost her anything, no one will know the results but she, and it is completely confidential. She agrees to the test. What counseling will you provide A.P.?
12. You make an appointment for A.P. to return to the clinic in 1 week for her HIV test results. Describe the instructions you will give to A.P. before she leaves the clinic.
Case Study Progress
A.P. returns to the clinic in 1 week for her HIV test results, which are negative. Her culture results confirm the diagnosis of chlamydial infection.
13. What are your primary nursing concerns at this time?
14. A.P. has completed the course of antibiotic therapy and is no longer experiencing any symptoms. After counseling her on ways to reduce her risk of acquiring another STI, you determine that A.P. understood your teaching regarding safe sexual practices if she states that she will do which of the following? Select all that apply.
a. Use a new application of spermicidal jelly before each sexual encounter
b. Not worry about contacting an STI if the man states he has few partners
c. Have her partner and her both wear a new condom with each sexual encounter
d. Douche with an over-the-counter solution within 4 hours of having intercourse
e. Inspect the genitalia of her partner before intercourse or other contact with perianal area
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!